As Maria Robinson once said, “No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and reach a new ending.” There is nothing that is closer to the truth. But before you can begin this transformation procedure, you have to stop doing the things that have been pushing you back. She could not help thinking how true it is that many of them and those specific are especially suitable for those of us who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and other devastating conditions.
And when you stop looking for the wrong things, you’re giving the right things a chance to catch you.
Here are some ideas to get started:
1. Stop spending time with the wrong people . – Life is really too short to spend time with people who take away your happiness. And if someone wants you in their life, they will create a place for you. You never have to fight for a place. Never, never compromise with someone who constantly overlooks your value. And never forget that it is not people who are at your side when you are at your best, but those who are at your side, even when you are at your worst moment and those are your true friends.
2. Stop fleeing your problems. – No, it will never be easy to face your problems. There is no one in the world capable of handling perfectly every blow thrown at them. We are not supposed to solve problems immediately. This is not how we were made. In fact, they made us disappoint, hurt, sadden, stumble and fall. Because that is the true purpose of life: to learn, face problems, adapt them and solve them over time. This is what eventually makes us the person we become.
3. Stop lying to yourself. – Even if you can lie to someone else in the whole world, but you can not just lie to yourself. Our lives progress only when we take risks and the first and most difficult opportunity we can take is to be honest with ourselves.
4. Stop putting your own needs in the background. – Losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are also special, is the most painful thing. Help others, but also help yourself too. In case there is ever a time to follow your wishes and do something that really matters to you, then that moment is now.
5. Stop trying to be someone you are not. – Being yourself in a world that tries to make you like everyone else is one of the biggest challenges in life. Someone will always be more attractive, someone will always be smarter and someone will always be younger, but it can never be you. Then, do not change so that people love you. Just be yourself and the right people will always love the real you.
6. Stop trying to cling to the past. – You can not start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading your last chapter.
7. Stop being afraid of making a mistake. – Doing something wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing. Each individual success has a trail of catastrophes behind it, and each failure leads to success. In the end, you regret the things you did not do much more than the things you did.
8. Stop scolding for old mistakes. – Maybe we love the wrong person and we cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, there will always be a sure thing that mistakes will help us find the person and the things that are right for us. We all have difficulties, we make mistakes and we even regret the things of our past.
But we are not our mistakes, we are not our struggles, and we are here with the authority to shape our day and our future. Because everything that has happened to us in our life is preparing us for a moment that is to come.
9. Stop trying to buy happiness. – Many things we want are expensive. But in reality, the things that really satisfy us are actually totally free: happiness, laughter, love and working on our desires.
10. Stop looking exclusively at others for happiness. – In case you are not satisfied with what you are inside, you will not be happy in a long-term relationship with anyone else either. You should only establish constancy in your own life before you can share it with another person.
11. Stop being inactive. – Do not think too much or you will create a problem that was not even there in the first place. Evaluate situations and take decisive action. You can not change what you refuse to face. Making progress involves risk. Period! You can not get to second base with your foot first.
12. Stop thinking you’re not ready. – No one is fully prepared when an opportunity arises. Because most of the great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means that we will not feel totally comfortable at the beginning.
13. Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons. – Each relationship must be chosen intelligently. It is better to be alone than to be in bad company. There is no need to hurry at all. If something is destined to happen, it will eventually happen, at the right time, with the right person and for the best reason. You have to fall in love when you’re ready, and not when you feel lonely.
14. Stop rejecting new relationships just because the old ones did not work. – In real life you will realize that there is always a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, others will use you and others will surely teach you. But the most important thing is that some will bring out the best in you.
15. Stop trying to compete against everyone else. – You do not have to worry about what others are doing better than you. Think about defeating your own records every day. Success is just a battle between you and yourself.
16. Stop being jealous of others. – Jealousy is only the art of including the blessings of another person instead of yours. Ask yourself this is something I have that everyone wants.
17. Deja de quejarte y siente lástima por ti mismo. – Las bolas curvas de la vida se lanzan por una razón: para cambiar tu camino en la dirección que se te dé a ti. Es posible que no vea ni comprenda todo en el momento en que sucede, y puede ser difícil. Pero reflexiona sobre esas bolas curvas negativas que te lanzaron en el pasado.
A menudo verá que eventualmente lo conducen a un mejor lugar, persona, estado mental o situación. ¡Entonces SONRÍE! Que todos sepan que hoy eres mucho más fuerte que ayer y lo serás.
18. Stop having grudges. – Live your life with only love in your heart. Otherwise you will end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate. By saying that you did it with me is fine, it does not mean forgiveness. It means that I will not let what you did destroy my happiness and my joys forever. Forgiveness is the answer … find peace, let yourself go, just let yourself go! And remember that forgiveness is not just for other people, it is also for you. If you have to forgive yourself, go ahead and try to do it right next time.
19. Stop letting others lower you to their level. – Refuse to lower your values for those who refuse to upload theirs.
20. Stop wasting time explaining to others. – Your friends never need it and your enemies will never believe it in any case. Simply follow your heart and believe that what you know in your heart is right.
21. Stop doing the same things over and over again without taking a break. – The right time to breathe deeply is when you do not have time to do it. If you keep doing what you normally do, you will continue to receive what you always get. And sometimes you have to distance yourself to see things clearly.
22. Stop overlooking the beauty of the little moments. – Always enjoy the little things because they are the ones that really matter, and one day you can look back and discover that they were great things. The best part of your life will be the little nameless moments you spend smiling with someone you care about.
23. Stop trying to make things perfect. – The real world never rewards the perfectionists, only reward the people who do things..
24. Stop following the path of least resistance. – Life will never be easy, especially when you plan to get something worthwhile. So, do not take the easy way. Do something amazing.
25. Stop acting as if everything is fine if it is not so. – It’s okay to fall apart for a moment. You do not always have to pretend that you are strong, and there is no need to continually prove that everything is working well. You do not have to worry about what other people are thinking, to cry if you wish, it is healthy to shed tears. The sooner you do it, the sooner you can smile again.
26. Stop accusing others for your problems. – The degree to which you can achieve your dreams depends on the extent to which you assume responsibility for your life. When you blame others for what is happening, you deny your responsibility. You only give others power over that part of your life.
27. Stop trying to be everything for everyone. – It’s impossible to do it, and try to hurt yourself. But just making a person smile can change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world. So limit your focus.
28. Stop worrying so much. – Worry will not eliminate tomorrow from your burdens, it will only deprive you of your joy today. One way to make sure that if something is worth thinking about is asking yourself this question: “Will this matter in a year? 3 years? Five can be? “If not, then it does not deserve anguish.
29. Stop pointing to what you do not want to happen. – Always point to what you want to happen. Being positive is at the forefront of every glorious success story. If you wake up every morning thinking that something wonderful is going to happen today in your life, then pay close attention, you will often find that you are right.
30. Stop being ungrateful. – In spite of how worthy or ruthless you have it, you should wake up every day grateful for your life. Somewhere, someone is fighting desperately for their lives. Instead of thinking about what you are missing, try to think about what you have. – by Dr. Muniba, MD MBBS, FUMDC.?,